Monday, August 4, 2008

Nearing the End!

I've been painting literally all day. The ceiling in the basement, the trim around the garage door and front door and the front door itself. Painting is pretty much done for now. Can't paint the walls in the basement until insurance has finished doing the work...which by the way, better be this week or I'm going to be royally ticked.

Now comes the part that is easier on the body, but even more annoying. Cleaning and organizing to make the house look like it's not lived in...and especially not lived in by four little kids. How on earth is that going to happen by 11am Tuesday??? For now, I've come up with a temporary plan...I bought some bins...everything is going in the bins and going in the back of the van until I can go through them and throw out the stuff that needs to be thrown out and file the rest.

We bought a pressure washer and a carpet steam cleaner...these are handy toys to have around. The outside of our house is nice and shiny again thanks to Ryan attacking it with the pressure washer and the carpet in the living room is actually green in most places again. Truly, they were both worth the money we spent on them.

Firefox is being stupid and won't let me log into my blog, so I'm doing this from Internet Explorer and I hate it, so until FireFox cooperates, I don't know when there'll be another update!!

No comments: