Sunday, August 24, 2008

Construction and House Update

The insurance company is finally sending in the demolition and construction people starting tomorrow. 8:30am there's going to be a bunch of guys ripping up carpet and linoleum and tearing down paneling. This is one time that I get to watch the fun, but don't have to help with anything...not even the clean-up.

Tomorrow is simply demo day....the actual putting back together of our basement won't start until Tuesday.


And speaking of tomorrow....right after these guys get finished tearing apart the walls and floors, the house inspector is coming. That's right, we got an offer on the house last Tuesday and the house inspection, the only condition left on the sale, is happening tomorrow. I'm 90% sure that there's nothing wrong with the house that would stop them from buying it, but that other 10% accounts for things I don't know about. Houses are sneaky things you know...there can be all kinds of things wrong with it and you don't have a clue what's going on.

Anyway, if all goes well with the inspection (and I'm sure it will) we should know buy Tuesday for sure that the other house is ours to move into in October! I'm soooo nervous...and even worse is that I will be here when the inspection is going on and I can't say a thing, good or bad about what the inspector is saying. I totally can't wait for all this to be over with.

I will definitely post pictures of the construction as is progresses...and I will certainly update about the status of the move, but I'm sure that when everything is signed, I won't have to post here 'cause y'all will hear me screaming with joy!!!!

Have a good one guys!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed. Hopefully he will spend a lot of time in the basement which will all be fixed.

JackiYo said...

yay! and bite your tongue around the inspector!!

Jane Sr. said...

Like that's gonna happen Jackie....it's gonna be hard not to say anything!!