Monday, August 18, 2008

Camping in Tobermory...day 2 afternoon and evening

Once we got back to the campsite, we decided it would be nice to just cross the road and go swimming in Cyprus Lake. It's a great place for small children to swim; soft sand bottom, it's shallow for a long ways out and because of that it's warm. The water is sooo clean, it's amazing.

We hung out at the water for a while, everyone loved it including Sydney. Even Ethan was getting in on the splashing.

Ryan decided that since it was our last day, we wanted to do another hike, so we got out of the water, headed back to the campsite and packed up to go down the Horse Lake Trail. It took about an hour to do the trail (we actually did part Horse Lake, part Bruce Trail.) It went from flat forest trail, over a rock beach and back on flat forest trail again. The kids did super. You should have seen Mia booting along...she was only slowed a bit by the rocks on the beach.

Ethan kept tripping but what can be expected from a kid with his lack of balance on a trail of big round rocks!!! He also wants me to put that there were "thousands of daddy long legs!" (There were lots, but maybe not thousands!)

When we got back to the site, it was starting to rain but Ryan decided to make a fire anyway...rain stopped and we made burgers and hotdogs for dinner...(ummm, Ethan ate a whole package of hotdogs himself! Ewwww!)


After all the big kids went to bed for the night, Ryan and I sat out by the fire with Sydney. It was soooo peaceful and I was just so sad that it was the last night. I held Sydney and she fell asleep in my arms. I'm very disappointed that I didn't get a picture of it, but the image will always be in my memory. It dawned on me, that never again will I hold one of my tiny little babies by the fire...I'll hold my big ones, but the baby stage is almost gone. It makes me very sad.

(to be continued...)

No comments: