Monday, August 18, 2008

Camping in Tobermory...day 2 Morning

On Wednesday we woke up and went into Tobermory to the Crow's Nest for breakfast. It was yummy as usual.

We came back to the tent and geared up and set out on our hike to The Grotto. It's roughly a 25 minute walk from the campsites over rocks and flat paths. We were really surprised about how well Mia kept up to Ryan and Cody. Sydney got the luxury seat on my chest in the mei tai and Ethan stayed close to me.


When we got to the end of the hike, Ryan wandered off to check out the actual Grotto while the kids and I stayed by the water on the rock beach.


Everyone went swimming, yes even I got my feet wet, since the water was quite nice.



These pictures were taken in a little tide pool beside the lake. The boys found a frog that they were watching, Mia was watching some little fish...and Sydney couldn't figure out why she was sitting in a giant puddle!

Since it was Sydney's nap time, I decided to go back to the campsite with her, Mia and Ethan. That was the first time in 8 years that I done the walk without Ryan. I was sure I was going to get lost (on the clearly marked trail), but I made it back in one piece and in pretty good time.

Ryan and Cody stuck around at The Grotto, swam in the deep water and climbed some rocks. Ryan took Cody down into The Grotto too.




When Cody and Ryan got back to the campsite, we decided to go into Tobermory for ice cream...another thing we make sure to do every year we're there.
We walked around a bit at the marina and checked out the boat that was sitting there, a luxury yacht...I would take the price of it in money anytime. Neat thing was, when we rounded the side...there was the lady sitting out on deck nursing her baby!!!
After the Marina we stopped and watched the Chi-Cheemaun unload and get ready for the next trip from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island. Sydney walked in grass for the first time without shoes...she was very happy with herself.


We all got some ice cream and since I had bought sherbet, Sydney was able to have some one mine too. She makes the funniest faces when she starts eating it, but then she really really likes it.


(to be continued....)

No comments: