Friday, July 25, 2008

Through the eyes of a Child!

So after our little mini disaster with the flood in the basement, I was so upset...everything was "ruined", "it's not fair", "why us", "AGAIN!?!?!?"

This is the conversation I had with Ethan yesterday. (It was right after seeing a house that had gotten REALLY damaged in the storm by a huge tree falling on it.)

"Mommy, it's kinda cool that our floor got wet."

Why is that?

"Now we get new floor (re: carpet and linoleum) and you don't have to pay for it...you always sayed you want new ones"

You're right honey, we will get a new one.

"And, we get new towels...I can get a "cars" one"

You can have any you like dear.

"And mommy....we didn't get wet"

No Ethan you're right we didn't get wet

"We only get wet when we go swimming"

That right, and when you have a bath.

"And mommy....none of us are broken like that house."

Ethan you're right, we should be grateful that we didn't get hurt.


So yeah, we'll have to dish out money that we don't have, but the stuff needed to be done sooner then later anyway. I'll get new carpet and linoleum...which I have wanted since we moved in here 4 years ago.
And most importantly, "none of us are broken"

The wisdom of a child.

2 comments:

JackiYo said...

Made me cry. We all need to think like that more often. Hugs!

becsmom said...

I am so in awe, that a child often has more wisdom than we do in these situations. You have one VERY special child in Ethan. I hope he always keeps such a wonderful perspective on life.