Sunday, July 27, 2008

Gadgets, Suprises and Excitement!!

On Thursday, our water cooler broke...there was water everywhere..big deal, water is water, however we were sick of buying a new water cooler every 6 months or so. We decided to buy a camping pump "just for now". We got it at Canadian Tire, got it home and realized that we needed batteries for it. So Ryan ran out to Zehrs to get some "D" batteries and we put it together and tried it. This is the neatest thing I've seen in a long time. I really like it and we probably won't buy a new water cooler for a while...maybe never. The water comes out a little fast, but as long as it's me or Ryan doing it, it's fine.


I've been making this blanket for a while, probably close to a year. Since it's not just an over sized "granny square" I'm having some trouble following the pattern and it's taking longer then I thought it would.... Let's just say that in this picture, I've got 25 rows done and still need to do 89. I honestly can't say that I even have an idea of when it will be done...though I am hoping that it will get to it's destination by Christmas time.

I'm making it for someone who doesn't know that they are getting it. I'm not going to say who it is...that person will know when they get it. For everyone who thinks it might be them, I'll do an update on the progress every now and then.


As for the excitement part of my entry....I can't tell just yet, but it is very exciting.
Some of you, if you think hard enough, can figure it out.
Some of you, I've actually told.
And if you know, or think you do, don't tell anyone else!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The water pump you have, I have the exact same one. I got mine from regal.

Carrie