Thursday, July 31, 2008

Return of the Water!

So, last night with our "torrential" down fall....our basement flooded again!! This time I thought I had outsmarted the water though...turns out I was wrong.

I heard the water coming in the chimney so I shouted to Ryan to get the towels ready just in case. We didn't open the fireplace doors hoping that it would keep the water in if we didn't break the seal. Didn't work!! The water came pouring out. I couldn't keep up...it was flowing faster then a river. AND because there is no carpet to stop it, it was running everywhere....

I jumped in the KIA and flew to my grandparents' house to get the shop vac (which will be living here permanently now until the chimney is fixed) and flew back home, only to discover a panicking Ryan and water running all the way into the laundry room. Luckily it's all linoleum so it was fairly easy to clean.

I was able to find a chimney guy to come out TODAY and look at it and tell me what's wrong. He said that they have a repair guy that has some time available this afternoon too, so hopefully we'll get it fixed today too. I won't be sorry when I'm sure that no more water will be coming in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I hope your chimney gets fixed soon. That so sucks.

JackiYo said...

Glad it's getting fixed. At least you won't have to climb on the roof and hold an umbrella over it!