Friday, November 7, 2008

The Move!

So the move is finally over and done with. YAY!!!

Thanks to my grandparents and Kathy B. we got everything out of the house by noon. And ask Kathy, there was so much stuff that she could barely see out her van windows!! My poor grandparents made 5 trips between the old house and their house with stuff...and finally the house was empty.

It was bittersweet. That is the house that we've lived in longest together. Both the girls were born there. When I was walking out for the last time, I actually cried a little.

Then I remembered the problems we've had with the house (stuff not working, stuff breaking) ever since we moved in.

I'm glad to be in the new house. It's much bigger, it's nice and clean and painted all pretty. The bathroom is so big that I can actually get the kids dressed in there after a bath...I have a closet for my broom and vacuum. The small things that I never knew I wanted.

When we got to the house, we found this in the fridge:


The note says "Enjoy your new home" on it.

We're not going to mention that we didn't get the key until 5pm and poor Ryan and the boys were sitting in the cold from 2:30PM until about 5:45pm when I finally got there. We're also not going to mention how dirty the house was...I actually had to clean to make it decent.

So we're in the house now...one day we'll be completely unpacked too...but I'm really enjoying it and can't wait to have my friends over to show them around!!

No comments: