Sunday, March 7, 2010

Winter In Newfoundland

No winter trip to Newfoundland, for me, would be complete with out someone's vehicle getting stuck somewhere in the snow!

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Corb Lund song "The Truck Got Stuck", but the first line is "The Chev got stuck, ..."

First a little back story:

At the point when these pictures were taken, it had been snowing a good solid three days.  The garbage container at the end of the driveway, on the left side of the pictures, is as high as my waste and there was only 2 slats showing above the snow.

Anyway, Cordell (Charly's boyfriend/Jessica's dad) decided he wanted some bacon for breakfast, in the worst kinda way.  We (me, mom and Charly) tried to tell him that there was no way the car was going to get through that snow.  I mean, it's got snow tires, but the snow was at least up to it's fender and higher in some places AND there was ice under the snow.

Well, he tried so here is a Chev, and it sure is stuck!

 
Not going forward OR backward

 
Cordell indicating just how happy he was with us for sitting in the window and laughing at him.

 
Cordell driving and Charly gonna push.

 
Pushing....still not moving

 
Looking at it is surely gonna make it move

 
Shoveled a bit, now turn the wheels this way

 
They got it to move, but now stuck in a new place...still trying to shovel

 
At this point, I decided it would be nicer of me to go help
instead of just taking pictures.
If you look closely, you can see my blue mitt on the steering wheel.
Charly and Cordell were able to get me out and I backed
into another parking spot that was clear.


 
Three of us standing looking at the car saying "it's staying here until
we're plowed out!"

Cordell did eventually go and get bacon, he didn't wait for us to be plowed out, but he managed not to get stuck again!  The bacon was tasty.

I leave you with this little video and snippet of the Corb Lund song I was talking about!  Enjoy!

No comments: