Monday, May 7, 2018

Where to start...

I figure if I’m going to go on this journey, I may as well write about it.  I like writing and hey, maybe someone will actually read this!

It all started the Tuesday before Easter weekend, so March 27.  I had the weirdest thing happen while I was at work.  It was like I started to pass out, but just as everything was about to go completely black, I startled and jumped and was back to normal.  This freaked me out big time.  I’d had similar things happen before, but not to this extent, so I didn’t go back out on the road that day. 

The next day, Wednesday the 28th, I started driving to work and got so dizzy or lightheaded or something that I almost put the truck in the ditch.  I promptly turned around and went home to call Al and tell him that there was no way I was coming to work like this.

I called the doctor and the got me in right away, when I told him what happened and what I was feeling too (I’ll get to that soon), he pulled me off work for a week.  He also decided to send me for an EEG and an EMG to rule out MS and to set up a re-eval with the neurologist Dr. K. So ya, my brain stopped when he said MS! What?!?! NO!!!!! That kind of stuff happens to other people, not me!

I started looking at symptoms and stuff on Dr. Google and holy shit!...they were describing me down to a T.  Dizziness/lightheadedness, headaches, twitching, tingling or numbness in arms and/or leg, sensitivity to heat, loss of coordination, shaky hands....the list goes on.  Holy Crap I’m freaking out.

I went back to work the following Wednesday, the 3rd of April.  I still was feeling the same way, but I had no choice! I don’t work, I don’t get paid!! My goal now was to keep Al and the rest of the guys from seeing or figuring out that something was wrong until I can have the tests done and have some answers.

...to be continued

No comments: