Monday, December 12, 2011

Birthday Girl

This past Thursday was Mia's birthday. She turned 7.  I can't believe how fast time flies.  Seems like just yesterday I was snuggling her in our bed minutes after she was born.  She may be much bigger then that day 7 years ago, but she'll always be my little "pinky".

Mia decided that she wanted to have a bowling party this year, so we planned it for Saturday at the New Hamburg Riverside Lanes.  It's a really reasonable party and they provide the pizza, drinks and ice cream.  The kids bowl for an hour (it's 5-pin, so the balls are nice and small) and they they get to be in the party room for an hour.  Everyone had a great time, and the boys and Ryan stayed for a bit and bowled a game too.

I made her cake again this year.  She wanted chocolate with chocolate icing.  Turns out that all the kids were too full from the pizza and ice cream so nobody ate any of my cake.  Ethan was really happy with this though because now he gets to eat it at home.

Mia got some really cool presents, and everything was things that she loved and/or wanted.  I gave her my (very) old iPod Touch and she's quite happy with that. (And really, how can I NOT be happy since that means that I get a new iPhone at the end of the month!)

No comments: