Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kite Flying!


You know the saying "They don't make 'em like they used to!" ? I guess it's true!  My grandpa brought a kite today for my kids to play with.  I didn't pay much attention to it until Ryan asked me to tape it up a little cause it was falling apart in a couple places.  That's when I looked at it.  Then I looked at it again...strangely familiar.  Then it came to me...this is my kite...from when I was in kindergarten...a good 25 years ago!!

I had no idea this kite was still around...I haven't flown a kite in YEARS, many many YEARS! Haven't even ever thought about it that I can remember...but with it sitting there on the table, I started remembering.  Me and my grandpa flying the kite...it was so much fun.  The perfect picture of childhood...

So I headed to the school field with Ryan and the kids...and we flew the kite!  I had fun pretending to be a kid again, and my kids had fun flying a kite for the first time!
My Turn

Ryan's turn
Cody's turn


The other kids had turns too, I just didn't have the camera handy unfortunately!

Oh...just one more picture....Sydney riding her bicycle, she's really getting good at it.  I remember when she couldn't pedal at all!



No comments: